Cedar Lane offers an excellent and rewarding employment experience for associates who have a passion for working with and improving the quality of life for older adults.
We are always looking for bright and talented individuals to join our diverse team of employees, and welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Cedar Lane Senior Living Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status or sexual orientation.
Director of Finance & Administration
As part of our senior management team, the Director of Finance & Administration will be a strategic thought partner to the organization’s President/CEO and Board of Directors, strategically anticipating trends and developing forward-looking analysis for organizational planning. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will oversee the day-to-day operations and staff supervision in the areas of finance, human resources, IT, occupancy, and service coordination functions.
This position is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an individual with a strong finance and administrative background to help strengthen and expand Cedar Lane’s mission to those we serve!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Works closely with the President/CEO to develop and monitor the financial budget and strategy of Cedar Lane and ensure it aligns with the overall strategic direction of the organization.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments and oversee all financial project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with President/CEO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; keeping senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Assists the President/CEO and Board Treasurer as custodian of the Organization’s funds and other assets, manage organizational cash flow and forecasting, assess organization’s risk and liability.
- Translate financial concepts to-and to effectively collaborate with-programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Provide expertise, guidance, and oversight in the areas of IT, Service Coordination and Human Resources to ensure those functions are operating and or being carried out efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Interfaces with the Finance Committee and attends all meetings as required.
- Minimum of a BA, with an MBA/CPA or related accounting degree with 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office/Excel is required, experience with Yardi property management software a plus.
- Prior knowledge and experience with non-profit and grants management as well as HUD based housing programs would be ideal.
- Experience with accrual accounting, budget development and administration and financial reporting.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Operations, administrative and time management skills required.
- Highly organized, able to multi-task and think innovatively.
- Salary commensurate with industry standards
- Cedar Lane offers a complete benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance, paid time off, and 401K retirement plan.
Cedar Lane Senior Living Community is an Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages applications from persons with disabilities and members of underrepresented groups.
Maintenance Technician (Full Time)
At Cedar Lane Senior Living Community, our goal is simple: to offer seniors housing they can afford in a community they will love. As our Maintenance Technician, you’ll join a superhero team that keeps our community running smoothly.
At Cedar Lane, no two days the same. You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Perform mechanical, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and sheet rock repairs
- Paint interiors and exteriors
- Respond to service requests
- Maintain the campus grounds
- Provide snow and trash removal
- Troubleshoot equipment
- Assist with preparations for mandatory inspections and Quality Assurance programs.
- Share your thoughts and recommendations for repairs and improvements
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Paid vacation, sick and personal leave
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Occasional cookies, brownies and other treats baked by grateful residents
What you’ll bring:
- Three (3) years’ experience in facilities repair and maintenance
- Valid Maryland driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, frequently
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds, infrequently
- Ability to work in confined spaces, in awkward positions, at varying heights and extreme temperatures
Our ideal candidate:
- A problem solver who enjoys working with minimal direct supervision
- Someone who is honest, reliable, and demonstrates a cooperative attitude and willingness to perform other tasks as required to support the mission of Cedar Lane Senior Living Community
Cedar Lane is more than a place to work, it’s a place to belong! Are you ready to join our superhero maintenance team?
Cedar Lane takes the safety of our residents and staff very seriously. Precautions are being taken to protect our facility from a COVID-19 outbreak. All staff and residents are required to follow the safety guidelines specified by Cedar Lane Management.